2022 Presidents Cup Eligibility Criteria
United States Team
The top six (6) U.S. PGA TOUR members who have earned the most FedExCup points from the 2019 A Military Tribute at the Greenbrier through the 2022 BMW Championship, weighted as follows:
- 2019 A Military Tribute at the Greenbrier through 2020 BMW Championship:
- 1 FedExCup point = 0.5 point
- 2020 Safeway Open through 2021 BMW Championship:
- 1 FedExCup point = 1 points
- 2021 Fortinet Championship through 2022 BMW Championship:
- 1 FedExCup point = 3 points
- Six (6) Captain’s selections, to be named on date(s) to be determined.
NOTE: Presidents Cup points for FedExCup Playoffs Events will be weighted the same as World Golf Championships.
The 2022 Presidents Cup International Team qualification period runs from the 2021 Open Championship through the 2022 BMW Championship. The Team will be comprised of the top eight players from the Presidents Cup International Team Points List, followed by four selections made by Captain Immelman.
The International Team Points System will operate similarly to that of the Official World Golf Ranking, except it will use a proprietary calculation to determine field strength and the quantity of points awarded per event. While Majors Championship winners will receive 100 points and PLAYERS Championship winners will receive 80, there will be no other alternative minimum event points.
International Team Points earned from the 2022 PGA Championship through the 2022 BMW Championship will be given a 25% premium. The ranking will be determined by the average points awarded in the qualifying period.
To be eligible from the Presidents Cup International Team Points List, a player must compete in 15 or more events.
* Four (4) Captain’s selections will be made at a to-be-determined later date