Things you didn't know about Patrick Reed
August 24, 2015
- August 24, 2015
- Patrick Reed (Photo by Sam Greenwood/Getty Images)
1. He was born in San Antonio, Texas, but currently resides in Houston, Texas.
2. He led his high school golf team to two state championship titles (2006, 2007) and earned AJGA All-America honors (2005-2007).
3. He attended the University of Georgia and Augusta State University in Georgia.
4. His favorite collegiate golf memory is going 6-0 in match play at the NCAA Championship and helping Augusta State win two national titles.
5. He turned pro shortly after the 2011 NCAA Championship.
6. He is one of five players in the last 20 years to win four PGA TOUR events by the age of 25, alongside Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia and Rory McIlroy.
7. His wife, Justine, whom he married in December 2012, caddied for him during his first few years on the PGA TOUR, including when he earned his first victory at the Wyndham Championship (he won in a playoff against Jordan Spieth).
8. Justine gave birth to their first child, daughter Windsor-Wells, in May 2014. After their daughter’s birth, Justine’s brother, Kessler, took over as Patrick’s caddy.
9. His favorite quote is from his wife, who said, "Nerves just mean you're prepared."
10. Growing up, he was a fan of Notre Dame football. His favorite teams now are the Houston Texans and San Francisco 49ers.
11. He’s also a fan of country singer Darius Rucker.
12. His dream foursome would include Tiger Woods, Ian Poulter and Stephen Ames.
13. He has four PGA TOUR wins and was a member of the 2014 Ryder Cup team.
14. He wears black and red on Sundays because his idol growing up was Tiger Woods.
15. According to his wife, anytime anyone uses the expression, “knock on wood,” he always knocks on her head!
16. He can’t go to sleep unless all the doors in a room are shut.
17. His perfect night would include a cigar, a great bottle of wine and a steak, cooked medium-rare.
18. One of his biggest dreams is to design his own golf course.