The Presidents Cup Opening Ceremony and Celebration featuring Rascal Flattstext size
The Presidents Cup Opening Ceremony and Celebration
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
OPENING CEREMONY TICKETS ARE OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT
International Food and Entertainment Festival
Three stages will showcase music and performances from locally based acts that specialize in authentic entertainment from countries such as Japan, Argentina, South Africa, Thailand, South Korea, Zimbabwe, Australia and the United States; a sampling of these acts include Mojo Kings, Powerhouse, Thiossane African Dance and Drums, Jacked Up, Hiuchi Taiko, The Bush Men and Buchaechum Dance. Fire performers, stilt walkers, aerialists, jugglers and magicians will roam the crowd.
A wide variety of international food options will be available for purchase, catered by Columbus-based Cameron Mitchell Restaurants and Cameron Mitchell Premier Events including six of their flagship restaurants: Marcella’s, Cap City Fine Diner & Bar, The Pearl, Mitchell’s Ocean Club, Cameron’s American Bistro and Rusty Bucket with additional concession tents that showcase food from nations expected to be represented in The Presidents Cup, such as South Africa, South Korea, Australia and Argentina.
Opening Ceremony will include performances by The Ohio State University Marching Band, as well as the Columbus-based Harmony Project. Emceed by Dan Hicks of NBC Sports, Opening Ceremony will feature U.S. Team Captain Fred Couples and International Team Captain Nick Price and their teams, as well as speeches from World Golf Hall of Famer Jack Nicklaus; PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem; and a video message from U.S. President Barack Obama, honorary chairman of The Presidents Cup 2013.
Attendees will enjoy a brief fireworks display as the stage is reset for a special performance by American country-music group Rascal Flatts (two of three members hail from Columbus).
Schedule of Events (Rain or Shine)
5:00 - 7:00 p.m. - International Festival
7:00 - 8:15 p.m. - Opening Ceremony
8:30 p.m. - Rascal Flatts Concert
• Self-parking at the Columbus Commons Parking Garage will be $10 per car. The garage is located at 55 East Rich Street, with entrances on Main and Rich Streets between High and Third Streets.
• Bicycle parking will be available
Security - All Items subject to inspection
• No bags or carry items sized larger than 6" x 6" x 6"
• No outside food or beverage allowed; no coolers
• No blankets
• Mobile phone devices should be on silent during the Opening Ceremony
• Bag chairs are permitted; chair bags are not permitted
• No pets
• No ladders
• No signs, posters and/or banners
• No noise producing electronic devices including televisions or radios
• No weapons of any kind (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives)
Opening Ceremony Helpful Hints
• MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards accepted
• Cameron Mitchell Restaurants will be featured included Marcella's, Cap City Fine Diner & Bar, The Pearl, Mitchell's Ocean Club, Cameron's America Bistro, Rusty Bucket and various international fare.
• Wine, Beer, Spirits and non-alcoholic beverages will also be for sale. All patrons will be carded.
• Food service will be closed at 7:00 and will reopen at 8:15 following the ceremony
• For more information, go to presidentscup.com or follow us on facebook.com/thepresidentscup or twitter.com/presidentscup